Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, I will mention I said the game would take a while with 7 people, and that we should play teams. The group wanted to play Competitive no teams, so that is how we played. On the 12th turn, we had played for about 5 hours, with Fortunes in the range of 5 to 11 (most we at 7 or 8) and we ended the game due to time length.

It was a learning experience.

Key takeaways:
* Play with fewer people (3 to 4 sounds nice)
* If playing with more, definitely teams (the game will still take a while, but this will reduce the screwage factor that delays the game, so shorter than a non-team game - plus less points needed)
* Allow players who interact at the same time.
ie,
--if a player ends a move on a Nazi/Mob, while he is fighting, everyone else can still move
--If a player is doing a danger, and the next player is not at the same location, they can also take their adventure phase
--technically, all players not at the same location can do their adventure phase at the same time. then you can select a location and play that location until all players there are done (in proper turn order), etc. Maybe have markers to place in from of players to signify they still have an adventure phase left or not (if they are in the same location).
--If someone is in a city, continue play while they are deciding on their buys.

-Munch "for flipping from player to player for each action there is still a lot of downtime " Wolf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotta agree. Five players max for a competitive game. For 6+, go with teams or co-op.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing that did help is I passed out decks to each player, putting them 'in charge of' that deck.

-Munch "I gave the Danger player the instructions to shuffle whenever he felt like it" Wolf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Francis
United States
Portsmouth
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, similar results with our first game.

We ran with 8 people playing competitive and it took us 5 hours also. We did finish though with the winning making a daring raid on the Nazi Zeppelin.

Another time sink was the fact that nobody but me had ever seen the game played, and I only had a demo under my belt.

It was a ton of fun and we can't wait to play again now that we know what we're doing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.