Stavanger
Rogaland
flag msg tools
Those who know do not speak.
badge
Those who speak do not know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I'm looking for something a little more stylish, but no less functional, than my hideous leopard pattern games bag. It's very functional in that is waterproof, can be buttoned shut and can store at least as many games as any one person could carry. But it is u.g.l.y. shake

I've seen this one and this one, and am considering the latter. I wouldn't mind a second opinion from some fellow geeks on the matter though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Meeks
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I was going to pick one of those two I would go with the second one based on the price. $45 is a lot for what you get in the first. That said, what about a nice gym bag? You can get a lot of games in one and they are usually built to last. Something like this: http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/..., which is $35 in the US but you get a lot more for your money. If you are definately set on one of your first two choices, I would definately pick number two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Norway
Stavanger
Rogaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
agreed - I do want something geeky though, just seems that option number 2 is the only thing I can find that is sensibly priced and pretty cool. Hoping to find some other geek merch meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexis Carlough
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Number 1 seems to basically be a nicer version of the $.99 reusable bags, maybe made out of nicer fabric... why not just buy a grocery bag? That's what we use, they're a perfect size and flat on the bottom so that games rest flatly, which is nice. And they're just... black. And boring. But boring is good (and better than leopard print hah)

The 2nd one is a more reasonable price and is kind of cute though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Silver
United States
Lino Lakes
Minnesota
flag msg tools
C'mon You Loons!
badge
United FC! -----------The Team for Me! ---- Minnesota! ----------- L-O-V-E! -------------
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a gigantic blue Ikea bag. Works great! Holds many games! Costs next to nothing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm saddened about the lack of love for a leopard pattern games bag. Add some bling to that bag, bro' - pimp that sucker! You'll be the envy of every gamer in town.

But if you must change it, I'd get something with wheels. Cheap luggage is pretty good, somewhat waterproof and has semi-rigid protective sides. Discount suitcases last a reasonable time too - but don't go taking them on an overseas trip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
I know two gamers (one of them is, well, me) who both independently came up with the idea to transport games in large Steve Madden bags. You can fit about 5-6 games in one. Right now for instance mine is holding Agricola, Airlines Europe, Ticket to Ride Europe, Quo Vadis?, Cosmic Encounter and Dixit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I wouldn't want to carry around a bag that screams "obscenity." I could care less, but you might offend some people. Just sayin'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Norway
Stavanger
Rogaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the word of warning on the meeple bag, but I really enjoy offending up-tight people. whistle

I think I'll switch to a sports bag, seems the most practical alternative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wellspokenman wrote:
Hi,
I'm looking for something a little more stylish, but no less functional, than my hideous leopard pattern games bag. It's very functional in that is waterproof, can be buttoned shut and can store at least as many games as any one person could carry. But it is u.g.l.y. shake

I've seen this one and this one, and am considering the latter. I wouldn't mind a second opinion from some fellow geeks on the matter though
Seriously, the first one looks so much worse than an IKEA bag. And it's probably less sturdy to. Not to forget it probably cost 50 or so times more?

Last one also seem overpriced.

Sure both has meeples but ..

I like the suggestions I saw in another thread of hockey trunk and IKEA bag.

IKEA:

Hockey trunk:

Good luck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cmdrsils wrote:
I use a gigantic blue Ikea bag. Works great! Holds many games! Costs next to nothing!
I'd say an IKEA bag filled with games is pretty geeky to

Edit: Ah, Norwegian, IKEA are no threat! ;D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clovis
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll go with everyone who has suggested IKEA bags. I bought two (for less than a dollar each) after someone on the Geek suggested it. I can hold eight games in one bag, and I have never needed to use the other one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brillantes
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
This space left intentionally blank.
badge
One last tour here on the Death Star and I can retire. What was that noise?!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to fall in with those calling for the IKEA bag. I have used one in the past and they are by far the largest for the least cost.

The two bags you linked are tiny for the amount you have to pay and the rolling hockey bags are not inexpensive either. (Mine have been used for actual hockey gear and are no longer acceptable to bring around those whose noses still function.gulp)

The next best after IKEA bags would be the suggestion to get the least expensive rolling luggage. They have wheels, handles and if cheap enough you can get then in any number of colors and styles (to include leopard print).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TemplarSaint wrote:
I'll go with everyone who has suggested IKEA bags. I bought two (for less than a dollar each) after someone on the Geek suggested it. I can hold eight games in one bag, and I have never needed to use the other one.
I use them to collect clothes for the yearly wash. Three of them probably hold a month(+?) worth of clothes.

That's right! I go nude the other 11 months

(Nah seriously I just turn my boxers inside out and then front-side-back and then turn them back again for a fourth round
And no, for anyone asking: I don't have a girlfriend. I'm still single! So bring it ladies!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Norway
Stavanger
Rogaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK OK - I yield! Ikea bag it is.

Now is probably the time to admit that I had some memories that I needed to shed that were attached to the leopard pattern one. blush

Good to see that carry bags ignite such passionate debate - gotta love this place

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
These bags have many other uses too:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
These bags have many other uses too:

She would look better in leopard! *hint*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
Both those bags you are interested in are nothing more than non-functional grocery bags with a meeple icon slapped on.

You'd be far better off purchasing a tool bag or rucksack, and pimping it yourself, by slapping a dice or meeple sticker on it wherever you please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lang
Germany
Gaißach
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually I don't use a bag but a collapsable box or whatever you call those mothers... I don't even know the real name in German.

http://www.shoppingpoint24.com/a-506157/?ReferrerID=43&campa...

Edit: Easily fits 6-8 games in there depending on game size obviously... (Twilight Imperium would probably go in there 4-5 times and they don't come that much bigger than that...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
aliquis wrote:

She would look better in "happy." Can't really blame her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Junkfoot wrote:
Actually I don't use a bag but a collapsable box or whatever you call those mothers... I don't even know the real name in German.

http://www.shoppingpoint24.com/a-506157/?ReferrerID=43&campa...

Edit: Easily fits 6-8 games in there depending on game size obviously... (Twilight Imperium would probably go in there 4-5 times and they don't come that much bigger than that...)
Both box and crate would work I think.

I can't see how TI would ever fit?

Maybe it's huge

Rusta here in Sweden among others sell them but they are of similar size as the ones used in a grocery store.
Biltema had them to:
http://biltema.se/sv/Hem/Forvaring/Lador/Forvaringsback-32-l...

Seem like the one you linked was slightly bigger.

TI:III box is less than 54 cm long?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swheelock wrote:
aliquis wrote:

She would look better in "happy." Can't really blame her.
True. Don't know how much time I spent on the face. Ant blue plastic may be better than leopard in reality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lang
Germany
Gaißach
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aliquis wrote:

I can't see how TI would ever fit?

Well you'd have to put it on the side, of course... then you only have to use up 15 cm space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexis Carlough
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oeste wrote:
To offer my two cents, with my game group we have had anywhere from two to four people who bring bags. It started to get to the point that between all of us, we brought so many games that about 10-20% of them were played in a given evening, so we talked about how it is easier on our arms and planning time to simply bring one bag the size of the two the OP mentioned, and just surprise the group with which 3-4 games we each bring. It still is more than enough games, and it makes variety a certainty.

This has the added bonus of allowing you to only bring games YOU feel like playing haha... my husband is a little sad that now that we play at our house sometimes, with our full selection available, he can't just bring the games he wants to play that day so we don't play his first choices all the time heh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw you are in Norway Jesse, if you are coming to Essen you can pick up one of our bags free with any two games purchased, or get the bag for 7,00 euros at our booth 12-97.

Sure it isn't going to hold quite as many games but if you are shopping around it might work for you.

Now can you name the games in the bag?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.