Subject: Number of surviving Heros rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evelyn Lo
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
designer
mb
When I was playing this game last week, we came across to a haunt that the Heros need to put something in a room, where the number of that thing equals to the number of surviving heros, in order to win the game.
And the trailor's winning condition is to kill all people.

So that makes the trialor impossible to win as if the heros could put one that something in the room
As eventually that would be only one hero surviving if the trailor is trying to them all.....

Is it a bug or just that there are some hidden rules or what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never come across a haunt that specified the number of surviving heroes. It's always been numbers of heroes, or number of players.

Can you rember which haunt it was?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I think that when you're saying "number of surviving heroes", you mean "number of heroes at the start of the haunt". That way, the situation you describe doesn't happen (since there will always be at least 2 heroes left).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Myers
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DC Clark is correct... if there are 3 Survivors at the beginning of the haunt then you must get 3 [items] into the room.

If the traitor kills 2 Survivors after that the last remaining Survivor still has to get 3 items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evelyn Lo
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Actually I what I played is the Chinese version, and the Haunt is haunt 17...
but then in the English version, haunt 17 is not what I've played.....
super weird.....

It is about an evil twister or storm that type of thing...but I really can't find the corresponding haunt in the English version.

Anyway, according to the Chinese version, it is "number of surviving heroes"but not "number of heroes at the start of the haunt"........but that will make much more sense if it is the number of heros when the haunt started...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the Chinese version based on the first or second version of the English rules?

Some of tha haunts was taken out of version 2, and replaced with new haunts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evelyn Lo
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
designer
mb
hm, not sure, but the box looks like the one in the 2nd version

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Glassco
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
The English text reads "When you have placed a number of tokens equal to the number of heroes when the haunt was revealed..." It sounds as if there was a mistranslation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.