Earth Reborn» Forums » Rules

Subject: Killing friendly characters? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sami Rautiainen
Finland
-
flag msg tools
Can you target friendly characters with single square target weapons? Sure you can use grenade launcher but can you use rifle?

First mission with Cherokee Bill, Norad player controlled him right off the bat and killed him on 1st turn.

There was one mission where Salemite player needs to create 3 zombies to win so why not kill one of your own guys and make him a zombie.

I'm sure there are more reasons to kill your own guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Desbois
France
Aix en Provence
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nothing seems to forbid this morbid idea in the rules... and as friendly units can be hit by your own grenade blast for instance, this theory should work. nasty, but it should work
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think one of the wonderful aspects of this game is the amount of different stuff it let's you do. And also let's you discover along the way; "Our mission calls for experimentation on the recently deceased, we're pressed for time and the enemy is blocking our access to fresh corpses. Sorry Bill." Morbid yes, but if you want a thematic game, ER delivers very much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Close Combat (and Shooting) rules mention several times that they are used against an "enemy miniature". There is an exception for Floor Elements (you can attack those too). There is another exception for Explosive Weapons, but "all normal steps apply until Roll For Damage".

I don't think the rules want you to target friendly miniatures.

The best (worst?) you can do is damage a friendly with an explosive shot as long as you target an enemy or floor element. Or hold a Land Mine kicking contest. Or a sing-along on a Time Bomb in a Deadly Virus with Toxic Gas Capsules. I think the rules allow those too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Crockett
United States
Bridgewater
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I read somewhere (FAQ? message board? who knows.) that Salem could not target Cherokee Bill or Franck Einstein UNTIL their traitor abilities had been used once, and then could target them at any point for the rest of the match. I'm not sure if that implies that you cannot target friendlies or if those two are just exceptions because of the "Kill Traitor" objective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Terah wrote:
The Close Combat (and Shooting) rules mention several times that they are used against an "enemy miniature". There is an exception for Floor Elements (you can attack those too). There is another exception for Explosive Weapons, but "all normal steps apply until Roll For Damage".

I don't think the rules want you to target friendly miniatures.

The best (worst?) you can do is damage a friendly with an explosive shot as long as you target an enemy or floor element. Or hold a Land Mine kicking contest. Or a sing-along on a Time Bomb in a Deadly Virus with Toxic Gas Capsules. I think the rules allow those too.

Hm.. I think you're right. But considering the amount of ways to kill one of your own if you really wanted to, within the rules, I wonder if it would unbalance anything if you allowed both close combat and shooting to target a friendly character. It would be a house rule though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.