Subject: Has anyone tried coop play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Nicholls
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
I have just got this game and I'm keen to give this a try with a friend.

The Homefront wargame review suggests that Hornet Leader plays really well as a coop game. Has anyone given this a try? How have you done this?

The Homefront guys suggest that players take turns selecting craft and then plan and conduct the missions together.

I would be interested in hearing anyones experience in playing this coop and how you have done this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Nicholls
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
To answer my own question I just found this discussion of coop play in Phantom Leader http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/632953/can-this-game-be-...

I would still be interested in people's experiences in Hornet Leader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hi friend

yes i tried coop play with 2 player , each player handling different task , air to air and air to ground. but usually it dont work well since at first turn we all killing nasty long range enemies first , usually bandits. and at the subsequent turn there is no more
air threat.

the second coop play we distribute ata and atg evenly and it works better.. though the most fun we have is with one of us playing as the enemy , the game come alive with 2 players against each other..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a short-deck Marine campaign (3 days in Iraq) with a friend. We made no attempt to split pilots, roles et cetera, but instead made all the decisions jointly. Not sure what we'd have done if we had ever really disagreed on any important decision (diced for it?), but it worked really well. The "narrative feel" of the game was just as strong as in the solo campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Kochel
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
I have an idea that's not in the rules, but is any coop? Have a joint Marines, Navy attack. Split the SO points between the two and then work together at joint branches (with more of a sense of ownership) to take down targets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.