Subject: Alliance only rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Wann
Australia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My usual gaming group was short this week so with only 3 players we decided to play WoW the board game but only do one faction. It was decided to give it a go with just one faction to hopefully speed up the play, reduce downtime between turns and allow us to finally get around to killing the boss before we ran out of time. We had played twice previously and due to myself and the host having children we kept running out of time to finish the game off.

We did decide however, that we would all aim to be lvl 6 before taking on the boss but only if we got to it before an areed upon time. This was due to the host having to go to work in a few hours.

So the forces of good began thier struggle to defeat Lady Vajsh. James picked the paladin, I was given an option and decided to choose the priest due to not playing it before, while Colin chose the druid.

We started off with the paladin soloing while the priest and druid teamed up. The paladin was able to complete the majority of the grey quests alone while the pair of us decided to work on green quests for the extra rewards.

Colin is a 'safety' player and will only attempt a quest if he is sure he can defeat it. Myself, I play risky and ended up with the first and only death of the day.

We had all just leveled up (4) and the other two decided to stay. I split off and completed an easy quest. The new quest had 2 worgen spawn 1 reion away from me. No problems I thought, i can do this but it should be close. One turn of horrid dice rolling later and i was looking around the graveyard admiring the gothic structures. Of the dice i rolled only 6 hit, and that was even with all my modifiers. It was the start of what turned out to be a bad day of dice rolling for myself.

We all slowly became uber powerful and I bravely decided I needed no help so took off alone again. Colin and James decided to stick together. As a result I ended up lvl 6 first and about 8 XP in front of them.

We moved off towards the boss, completing some quests to get the other 2 up to lvl 6.

The final battle became a flop. Colin stressed so much about the curse tokens we would get in the boss fight. After the first combat round we added up all the myriad of damage tokens that were overflowing the box. Due to threat reducing items and spells and designing our characters to complement each other we were able to inflict 54 wounds in the first round of combat.

So the end was a bit of a disappointment but the game was more about the journey. I really enjoyed finally seeing how powerful a fully pimped level 6 character was. Will have to find out which character works best solo and can handle harder quests relatively easy so i can speed level myself next time I play properly.

All in all a fun afternoon that took an extra hour than it should have due to the cautios nature of my playing partners; Colin and his son James.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Rascon
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
excellent session!!
thanks for sharing it.
What do you like the most, the druid or the paladin??
I've never played the priest either, I find it too boring and a bit nerfed.
XD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wann
Australia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played the Druid once, and that was when i was playing by myself to aquaint myself with the gameplay and rules. I do enjoy playing the paladin though. Love the ability to change my red dice into greens to prevent the Overlord from doing damage. Doing the job as a tank to keep my damage dealer alive. That said i have only played the paladin once and this was the second time i've seen the paladin used. The warlock and the warrior appear to be the favourites among my gaming group
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.