Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Pit Crew avaialble now! The Expanse coming in October!
badge
Ludology Host and Dice Tower Contributor
mbmbmbmbmb
The latest episode of Ludology, about Cooperative Games, features an extended discussion of Sentinels of the Multiverse. What does it get right and what misses the mark?

Available at http://www.ludology.net or on iTunes.

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
I feel that your assessment of the game was close to mine. Perhaps it was a bit more well received by you than myself. I liked that it was a cooperative game primarily featuring independent play, I think this is the direction cooperative games need to be headed. I don't however feel that Sentinels offers much in the way of rewarding gameplay. My experience with the game was that I never felt my cards did much, and drawing doubles (which happened so often) of a card you don't find particularly useful is frustrating. I was always the first to discard from my hand to defeat a card though. I also thought that the cards that were useful were no brainers to play. The theme has a lot of appeal, the way the different heroes play out their decks is well designed, but I find the game offers too shallow of an experience overall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.