The Visionary was having a merry old time last night so I thought I'd check to see if we were doing her cards right.
1) Wrest the Mind : OK, I found where the card has been changed, so I know we did THAT wrong. The new text is supposed to read :
"Play this card next to a Target, other than the Villain Character Card. Whenever that target deals damage, you may redirect that damage to another target. If you do, The Visionary deals 3 psychic damage to that target and 3 psychic damage to herself.
If the target leaves play, destroy this card."
My remaining question here is can a target be force to redirect the damage they are dealing to themself?
2) Twist the Ether : I'm using Tachyon and The Visionary places this on me. I use the sonic attack card that hits multiple targets. When the Visionary changes the damage type, can each of the targets be hit by a different damage type?
3) Brain Burn : The Visionary has 5 HP left. There are 10 cards in the villain's trash pile. Can she "kill" herself and remove all of the cards from the trash or does she have to stop at 5 cards?
Keep on saving the Multiverse!
1) Yes, that damage can be redirected to any target, including themself.
2) Yup! As of Enhanced Edition, the players get more choice in their actions!
3) This is an instance of the card wording being key, specifically the order of the words. The card tells you to first put all the cards in the Villain Trash on the bottom of the Villain Deck. Then, apply the damage. Therefore, the entire trash pile goes under the deck, and this can totally kill off The Visionary if there are enough cards there.
Hope that helps! Just as a note, the official SotM forum at www.sentinelsofthemultiverse.com/forum is a great place to ask these questions. All of the Sentinels of the Multiverse creators are there, as well as a very knowledgeable community. Check it out!
- Last edited Tue Sep 9, 2014 3:43 pm (Total Number of Edits: 2)
- Posted Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:32 pm