Popular Tags: [View All]
Dampenon Fabien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
Rookies talk about strategy, Grognards about Logistics
mbmbmbmbmb
In 8.6, Russian Units in the four hexes adjacent to Finland can attack.

I can see only 3 such hexes (Leningrad and 2 swamp hexes west of Lake Onega.

And, without having taken any one of these hexes, how can German send Units in Finland ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dampenon wrote:
In 8.6, Russian Units in the four hexes adjacent to Finland can attack.

I can see only 3 such hexes (Leningrad and 2 swamp hexes west of Lake Onega.

And, without having taken any one of these hexes, how can German send Units in Finland ?

Indeed, the map was slightly modified before the game release, so now there is only 3 adjacent hexes instead of 4, sorry about that.

The Germans cannot get to Finland besides from those 3 hexes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dampenon Fabien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
Rookies talk about strategy, Grognards about Logistics
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your (like usually) fast response.

I have read the Rules forums about original No Retreat ! which have well answered about the impossibility of detraining in Finland.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dampenon wrote:
Thank you for your (like usually) fast response.

I have read the Rules forums about original No Retreat ! which have well answered about the impossibility of detraining in Finland.

You are most welcome.

The rationale is that the Finns had a lot of pressure from the USA and British not to get too far into the USSR and stayed put for most of the war after gettign back their 1939 lost territories. so they would not allow another full german army to enter their country (by sea from germany ) to attack Russia.

But if the Germans had captured Leningrad they would most probably have been able to push the Finns to let them get a free passage to cut the Murmansk rail line and the Archangelsk sea lane. This is why you have to put a German unit in Finland to get that Finnish One Victory Point, but you cannot rail move there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Adlington
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:

But if the Germans had captured Leningrad they would most probably have been able to push the Finnas to let them get a free passage to cut the Murmansk rail line and the Archangelsk sea lane. This is why you have to put a German unit in Finaln to get that Finnish One Victory Point, but you cannot rail move there.

Crap I had missed this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.