Subject: So far so good rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chicagopsych

houston
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game was only 15 dollars on Amazon, so I took the chance and picked it up. We like it so far. The rules do have some holes. I e-mailed the publisher with some rules questions, especially about limiting the Emperor from jumping into the sacrifice zone. Never got a response. So we just play as if he can not, because obviously, the game would be unplayable without such a rule. We have purposely tried to find other cheap strategies and have not found any yet. One can turtle up and surround the emperor in a corner, but eventually the guarding pieces will be converted and the emperor captured. It's quick and fun. We like it. The converting of other pieces to your own and sacrificing some to do so adds a lot more to game play than I thought it would. The game, with its few Shogi and Othello like features felt different enough from my many other abstracts to motivate play time. Those same features also add a lot to the strategy regarding piece placement and movement. The cheesy backstory and title make it seem like a kids game, but the game play and components will suit serious gamers. However, the limited move types and simple rules do lend it to being kid friendly. Give it try if your an abstract fan.

Rules
http://blueorangegames.com/elements/dragon_face/dragon_face_...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Daniels
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the components -- I mean really amazed

The game play is tricky.

Games seem to start tentative, because once capture starts the fact pieces change sides can turn a game into a route quickly. At least that's what we found in first games.

Still found the game fun, and looking forward to more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.