Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mattias Andersson
Sweden
Växjö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Starting to get a feel for the game flow of Stalingrad Pocket II. I think (hope) that I played my last solo game correctly. One thing that I wonder though: applying shifts from (HQ), Airpower and Minor Villages. Do these shifts result in column or odds shifts?

Rule 1.11a says "Subtract the Air Units used by the defender from those used by the attacker and shift the final odds column that number".
The TEC says that Minor Villages "shift left 1".

For me both means to shift whole columns and not just the odds.

Ex 1 - Attacker have 4:1 on the Combat Table agains the defender. One positive shift on the Combat Table for the attacker because of 1 Air Unit gives that the attacker rolls on the 6:1/7:1 column. Correct?

Ex 2 - Attacker have 5:1 on the Combat Table agains the defender. The defender is located in a minor village. This shifts column so the attacker rolls on the 2:1/3:1 column. Correct?

Edit 1
Remembered that HQ also results in shifts, so the question apply to those also.
Rule 1.4c "Shift the odds one column in the favor of a side having paticipating HQ"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Ryan
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that all shifts are columns, so one does not shift from 2:1 to 3:1 , but rather 2:1/3:1 shifts to 4:1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that's right, column, not odds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.