Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Best videogame based boardgames new and old rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gorgb Zibot
msg tools
I heard doom was good, and the old zelda. What are some of your recommended videogame based boardgames new and old?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
StarCraft: The Board Game is excellent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StarCraft is definitively amongst the best portations from videogame to boardgame. Therefore +1 for Starcraft.

Also very well done is Railroad Tycoon, which is now re-implented as a boardgame as Railways of the World.

Doom depends very much on your gaming group, but if you enjoy difficult games and the setting then yes, it is good.

Warcraft is also re-implemented as a boardgame and imho one of the most underrated games. It does very well in getting the Warcraft-feeling to the tabletop and offers a lot of interesting choices as well as different strategies and tactically interesting combat. You should, however, get the expansion as well as it is needed to "patch" the base game and adds a lot of nice optional rules.

From what one reads the new Gears of War also seems to be a good one (which I will buy in the near future).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
United States
Honolulu
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a geeklist some time ago Board Games Based on Video Games. It certainly isn't a "best of" infact many are stinkers, but it might help you find something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Martin
Canada
Ottawa
Ont.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Age of Empires III" (now "Empires: the Age of Discovery") is one of the best video-game adaptations. This is because, like most good video-game adaptations, it has little to with the original video-game and just licenses the title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like World of warcraft the board game, it can drag out several hours though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
Civilization, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Civilization, of course.

Original Civ was a board game first. Sid Meier liked it so much he made a video game out of it. And then, his video game was ported back into no less than 2 additional board games, some better than others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.