Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Kroegel
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Send me an email and your schedule. The vassal module looks great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too. But no one is ever on there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Paull
United Kingdom
HUNTINGDON
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
Me too. But no one is ever on there

I play on Vassal, but by email. It's really good for this type of thing where a turn can have some time for thought :-). Not played AFAoS yet, but happy to give it a whirl some time.

I've played a lot of Paths of Glory and Through The Ages that way.

BenthamFish

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
You have to, at least from a distance, look as if you know what you're doing, and I can manage that.
mbmbmbmbmb
I go to vassal but no one is avaiable to play.
Today at 23h00min time in Portugal, anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Put me down as interested and willing, but I need to learn the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew E
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've never done anything with vassal, but I'd be willing to give it a shot, preferably via email. I was thinking that playing real-time was the only option for vassal, which I shied away from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually the visibility of stuff in the module seems all wrong. Would appear you could totally cheat and no one would know. You can't see discards, or how many cards are being drawn. It's a mess...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
Would appear you could totally cheat and no one would know.

I never care about this when playing games (I don't play for money). It does help to be able to see errors however. Everyone makes errors, but in my experience few people cheat, and if they do they are the real losers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's all well and good, but every card that goes to the discard is masked, so you can't see them, though you can "Draw Specific Card" from both your own draw pile and the opponents.

It just needs some tweaking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
That's all well and good, but every card that goes to the discard is masked, so you can't see them, though you can "Draw Specific Card" from both your own draw pile and the opponents.

It just needs some tweaking.

I haven't played with it, so I'm sure you're right. I meant to just suggest it's the potential for error that makes such a thing important. Does it make it possible to check that players pick up new location cards correctly? Because that's the biggest face to face error.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, doesn't do that either...

Wish I were better at Vassal Mods. I just don't understand the editor. But even some of these are really simple fixes that even I've been able to get in...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Would you say it's broken at this point? Or is it playable with caveats?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Playable, as long as you aren't trying to start a ladder or anything like that.

As long as you trust your opponent, and remind them to take location cards they have settled, and are willing to explain every move you make in detail, and remember to unmask every card you play, etc. etc. etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wignall
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
where is the module?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At the Vassal site, in the "Modules" section laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew E
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Dearlove wrote:
I haven't played with it, so I'm sure you're right. I meant to just suggest it's the potential for error that makes such a thing important. Does it make it possible to check that players pick up new location cards correctly? Because that's the biggest face to face error.

I'm playing an email game on it now (and would be open to 1 or 2 more), and I think the best way to error check that stuff is to lay out your cards as you play them to the table, face up, then do the action, pulling out any cards you gain and putting them on the table as well, face up. Then when the action is finished, you clean up the face up cards, putting them into the discard.

If you're just pulling cards from the location/empire deck and dropping them straight into the discard, then your opponent can't do error-checking.

Already caught one error in my first game =]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Moore
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
AndrewE wrote:
Dearlove wrote:

I'm playing an email game on it now (and would be open to 1 or 2 more), and I think the best way to error check that stuff is to lay out your cards as you play them to the table, face up, then do the action, pulling out any cards you gain and putting them on the table as well, face up. Then when the action is finished, you clean up the face up cards, putting them into the discard.

If you're just pulling cards from the location/empire deck and dropping them straight into the discard, then your opponent can't do error-checking.

Already caught one error in my first game =]

Yours? or your opponents?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew E
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
catmando wrote:
Yours? or your opponents?

My opponent's, of course =]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.