Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played this game a number of times, and I love it, but it seems like the win ratio is much higher with 3. Is that just my wonky experience or does anyone else seem to find that same thing, too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Mickall
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game should be easier with 3 than 4, and easier with 2 than 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
It is easier with fewer players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bell
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our group finds 3 to be the easiest. With 4, your resources are spread more thinly, it's harder to get sets of cards into the same hand. While having more players means you cover more ground, that's offset by there being more bad things happening between one of your turns and the next; being closer to that danger zone doesn't help if you have to wait three turns to deal with it.

On the flipside, 2 players have a shortage of card storage. While a player is working on one color, he's likely to have to discard piles of the other colors, and that means you can only work on two colors at a time. Also, with only two players it's easy for neither player to even be able to reach the danger zone in time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm. OK. Sounds like I'm not dreaming then!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The other Euro guy
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Christine Biancheria wrote:
Hmm. OK. Sounds like I'm not dreaming then!

Redress the balance by increasing/decreasing epidemics as appropriate. With fewer players, you should consider taking on more epidemics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.