Michael Ross
Scotland
Motherwell
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

This group has been running since June, once a month, usually the third Saturday at Low Waters Hall 2 Eiliot Crescent, ML3 6SN Hamilton, South Lanarkshire, now from 11 until 5.

Games played have included Pandemic, Twilight Struggle, Chaos in the Old World, Ravenloft, Rogue Trooper, Magic:The Gathering, Heroquest (MB) plus lots of other stuff and some roleplaying, mostly Shadowrun so far.

There is a bulletin Board here http://lanarkshiregamers.freeforums.org/ucp.php?mode=logout

No date has been announced for October but it should be the 15th or 22nd. The cost is ony £2.

All welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ross
Scotland
Motherwell
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The date for October has been set as Saturday 29th in the same venue, 11.00-17.00. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=138981609532608

There is talk of a game of Arkham Horror being arranged, join in the chat on the message board http://lanarkshiregamers.freeforums.org/index.php
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael,

This sounds interesting. Is it strictly boardgames or are miniature wargames also played?

Regards,

Jim
Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ross
Scotland
Motherwell
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jim

So far there's been a lot of board games, Magic the Gathering and some RPG. I assume Space Hulk doesn't quite count?

There has also been some Warhammer 40K and Warmachine demo'ed. The guys are looking to get some Necromunda and Blood Bowl arranged.

They've recently managed to lay their hands on some felt covered tables tops from IIRC a gaming club in East Kilbride to make figure gaming easier.

The best place to gauge interest for other types of figure gaming would probably be on the forum.

Is there still a figure gaming group at Newarthill CC?

Regards

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ska_dad wrote:

I used to go to that one every week. No time, now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wulf Corbett wrote:
ska_dad wrote:

I used to go to that one every week. No time, now...

I visited that once and wasn't overimpressed by the welcome I got so I haven't been back. I do play a lot of board wargames but, if you look at my uploaded images, you will see where my true passion lies.

Regards,

Jim
Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ross
Scotland
Motherwell
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The turnout yesterday was, to be frank, poor, poosibly due to the change of date, Hallowe'en weekend or post Essen hangovers. On the plus side I got to play Arkham Horror for the first time. May now finally unpunch my copy.

Should be back to the third Saturday for November, but I'll confirm as soon as I know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ross
Scotland
Motherwell
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
November Meet confirmed for Saturday 19th November at the same venue detailed above. From 11AM = 5PM

At this stage, looks like Space Hulk, Pandemic, Merchants and Marauders, Airlines Europe, 1812: Invasion of Canada and Horus Heresy will all be available, with lots of others too.

Feel free to pop along!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ross
Scotland
Motherwell
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That was much better, we had 15 people turn and lots of gaming, even some Call of Cthulhu over in a corner, was very impressed with Airlines:Europe, but 1812:The Invasion of Canada was a delight. Slightly cheesed off that I missed the 6 player game of Power Grid though, looked vicious!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ross
Scotland
Motherwell
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bugger, took my eye off the ball there, the club met in January but I couldn't get along, the next meeting is Saturday, 18 February 2012, still in Low Waters Hall, 2 Eliot Crescent, ML3 6SN, Hamilton fromm 11.00 until 17.00

It's a bit early to say definitively what will be on offer, there'll be most of the stuff from earlier meetings but I know I'm bringing Troyes, hopefully everyone will bring their Christmas pressies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McDonald
Scotland
Glasgow
flag msg tools
mbmb
To the next meeting I will probably be taking some of Christmas Pressies

Battlestar with Pegasus Expansion(if there is a will to play it)
Washington's War - @ska_dad, might be up your street(hint, hint)
1812 Invasion of Canada
Quarriors
Bloodbowl Team Manager
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ross
Scotland
Motherwell
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely up for some Battlestar Galactica, I'll be bringing Troyes as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.