Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Pancoast
United States
Lake Ann
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was playing Catacombs with a bunch of old D&D guys, who at first weren't too sure of the game and the 'flicking' involved. BUT, by the end of the game they were loving it! This is a great game!

Quick question though. I flipped the Lich token to decide which creature was summoned into the game when the token landed on its edge and did not fall to either a heads or tails!!

As the overlord player I laughed and then declared a re-roll blush BUT the heroes weren't buying that and said that we should stay in theme and say that the Lich fumbled the summoning ritual or whatever you want to call it and therefore could not bring any creature in during that round. I assumed that I could over rule them as the overlord player, but kinda liked their idea and how it kept to the theme.

Have you guys ever had this happen to you? If so, how did you play it? Oh and can the Lich both Summon and attack in one turn?

Thanks!

Doug

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill H
United States
Absecon
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"Shijuro" in Awatum (Serpent's Tongue)
badge
"A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play, his labour and his leisure, his mind and his body, his education and his recreation." LP Jacks
mbmbmbmbmb
It did happen to us last week, twice, and we reflipped.

But I like your idea, the summoning went askew... I think I'll house-rule that from now on.

(Edit for clarity)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Testy Testerson
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because I'm merciless, I would probably rule it the other way and say the lich managed to use a burst of power to summon both!

But like I said, I'm kind of a jerk DM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Pancoast
United States
Lake Ann
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AtomicReaction wrote:
Because I'm merciless, I would probably rule it the other way and say the lich managed to use a burst of power to summon both!

But like I said, I'm kind of a jerk DM

lol... I like that! I will turn that around on them next time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.