A Game of Thrones: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Red Viper and Retreat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I play Retreat on the Red Viper (the Princes of the Sun version)?

I am asking this because I read in the FFG forums a general rule that character abilities only apply when they are in play. so if he is Moribund for the dead pile, could I use retreat to return him to my hand?

I also read that Tales from the Red Keep Red Viper can die-use response-retreat.

Could I have an answer on both qoestions?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Andersson
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
Uuurrh! I let him in, uuuhh, was that not cool? Arrrarrh...
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is that you can't use retreat on PotS Viper. He is still in play while moribund, right?

And I don't see any reason why you couldn't do the kill-all-back-to-hand -thing, since you can do multiple responses to the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaisharga wrote:
Can I play Retreat on the Red Viper (the Princes of the Sun version)?

I am asking this because I read in the FFG forums a general rule that character abilities only apply when they are in play. so if he is Moribund for the dead pile, could I use retreat to return him to my hand?

I also read that Tales from the Red Keep Red Viper can die-use response-retreat.

Could I have an answer on both qoestions?

Thanks in advance

hi. From the FAQ :

A Moribund card is considered to have left play but is physically still in play and retains its abilities (including attachments and their abilities) and is allowed to interact with the game as normal until it is finally (and physically) placed in the discard/dead pile or returned to hand/deck...

cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So as I expected the answer is no. Back to the Power of Blood for now, until the ToC Red Viper is released!

Thanks a lot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.