Thunderstone» Forums » Rules

Subject: Suicide cards vs Assisted Suicide Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dork Angel
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone fancy listing the cards that can effect themselves with their own destroy/discard effects against those that can't?

Example.

Burnt Offering
Border Guard
Trader
Scout

On a separate note, can the cards with 2 village abilities where the second ability destroys the card use both abilities on the same turn?

Example

Sage
Blacksmith

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artemus Maximus
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
djbcrawford wrote:

On a separate note, can the cards with 2 village abilities where the second ability destroys the card use both abilities on the same turn?

Example

Sage
Blacksmith

yeah you can, for instance, destroy a non-hero for 1 XP with Sage, then destroy sage for X gold. just have to completely resolve the non-destroy effect first

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
black spark
msg tools
Destroy Itself:
Barkeep
Blacksmith
Flask of Oil
Magi Staff
Pawnbroker
Sage
Spear
Stalking Spell
Tavern Brawl
Tax Collector
Town Guard
Trainer

Destroy a Card:
Banish
Sage
Trader

Discard a Card (not fully clear yet whether a card can discard itself):
Border Guard
Scroll of Chaos
Half-Orc Dervish (no point discarding itself)
(Selurin Theurge; it has been posted that this effect affects only other players)

Return/ Set Aside at the end of the Battle:
Skull Breaker
Tempest Reaver
Tempest Warden

Veteran Berserker and Veteran Reaver can destroy Heroes, but there is no point in having them destroy themselves.

The Card Glossary entries for Burnt Offering, Scout, and Time Bend specify that they cannot affect themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dork Angel
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave D
msg tools
I can't help but wonder why so many of the suicide cards are in the base game. Did AEG decide they were too powerful, or not fun enough?

I consistently find myself wanting ways to buy specific cards for the early game, that won't weigh me down later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.