Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So both of these cost the same and both bump my next purchase to $100 nicely. Time isn't a big issue. I love BOTH settings, so that doesn't help. Can anyone who has played or seen either give me a hand in telling the two apart?

I know one uses cards the other dice.
I know one is co-op and one is competitive.

I'm sightly worried about re-playability(both) and wondering how the number of players stacks up. Also, I'm wondering just how much control players have in blood bowl rounds, it seems elder sign has a bit of 'luck mitigation' worked into the mix, are there similar mechanics for Blood bowl?

Lastly, if you've tried both, sure, which is the most fun?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
Christiansburg
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Play more Inis
mbmbmbmbmb
Eat spaghetti for a couple days and just get both! They're cheap!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam B.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They play completely differently from each other. Elder Sign is co-op against the board, Blood Bowl is competitive against other players.

They also play completely differently from each other. Blood Bowl is more resource allocation than anything else, you get a hand full of player cards, and assign them to matches, but you only ever want to commit just enough players to win a match, which will give you more resources left to contest other matches, etc. It's also about faints and misdirections, using the abilities on certain players to your advantage, and knowing which matches are worth contesting and which are worth leaving to the others. So there is some luck in terms of which players you draw into your hand for a given set of matches, but there's a big amount of luck mitigation as how you play them is what's really important (and over the course of the game you can actually change the contents of your deck by recruiting players, and you'll also gain certain manager cards that allow you to swing things in your favor, etc). The tackling dice can feel somewhat random, but that's just one mechanic within a bunch of other mechanics.

Elder Sign is... eh... it is what it is. Not my bag, although other people dig it alot. I found Blood Bowl much much more fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.