Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Kessel
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
We had an alliance game and a question came up on using cards in favor of your ally. This would also apply to things like Creeping Doom.

The wording is "Score 1 hit at the start of a battle against a space containing a castle."

The questions were:
1) Can I use it when my ally is attacking a space with a castle? Like an event card, I'd be using it on his behalf.
2) Can I use it when defending in a space with a castle? There isn't anything in the wording that seems to indicate otherwise. The battle starts, it's against a space with a castle.

If the answer to either is no, then what does that mean for things like the lich guy's "Creeping Doom" which says "Score a hit" and nothing more. We'd played where that'd score a hit anywhere, any time and it's wording on timing and legality of targets is basically identical to Horn of Blasting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Both seem legal to me.
I'm not aware of any restriction in the rules that would stop you from using the Horn in these ways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you sure?

I agree that 1) appears to be entirely legal. But the wording of the card, and in particular of the part where damage is specified, appears to make it clear that the card can only be used in favour of the attacker in such a battle. It's a battle "against a space containing a castle", and more importantly, "the space's controller decides how to take the damage" - so it can't be not the space's controller who is taking the damage, right?

To me, it seems that 1) is legal, and 2) is not.

(Well, technically, it seems like you could use it in a space with one of your castles that's attacked by an enemy if you want to hurt your own pieces in that space, but that isn't what you want I think )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.