Subject: encounters questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Redondo Galbarriatu
Spain
Getxo
Vizcaya
flag msg tools
hi, i've playing descent for some time and i have a few questions about encounters

in encounters, you receive less threat after killing heroes, or if some of them flee?

Can you reinforce more than one monster in a turn?

Can you atack a hero in a tree from a non adjacent space in order to get threat, regardless of te attack being ineffective?

thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedKaliman wrote:
hi, i've playing descent for some time and i have a few questions about encounters

in encounters, you receive less threat after killing heroes, or if some of them flee?

No. The heroes are still in the game, even if they are not present on the board. You always receive the same amount of threat.

Quote:
Can you reinforce more than one monster in a turn?

Yes. There is no indication anywhere that it should be restricted to one per turn, and the wording used is plural in all cases. "Reinforcements...", rather than "A reinforcement..." for example.

Quote:
Can you atack a hero in a tree from a non adjacent space in order to get threat, regardless of te attack being ineffective?

thank you

Tricky.
FAQ says
Q: Under what circumstances can the overlord receive threat for rolling surges on an attack roll?
A: The overlord may spend two surges on each attack roll to gain one threat. He may do this on any attack that hits a hero. This represents a change from previous FAQ rulings on this subject.

Note that Shadowcloak (tree effect) does not prevent the attack from hitting the hero, just reduces the damage to zero and negates all effects.
OTOH, attacks never 'hit' figures, they target spaces and if they hit the space they target they deal damage and additional affects to figures in those spaces (see DJitD pgs9-10). So clearly the language used in the FAQ answer is sloppy and must mean something else.
I'd suggest to you that the language in the FAQ should say 'affects a hero' rather than 'hits a hero'. And shadowcloak means that the figure is not affected by non-adjacent attacks (suffers no damage and no effects).

So no, I don't think that you can gain threat as OL from non-adjacent attacks vs tree-ed heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Redondo Galbarriatu
Spain
Getxo
Vizcaya
flag msg tools
Thanks for your answer

By the way, i suposse you can reinforce more than your initial number of monsters, so there can be 4 razorwings acompanong alric, for instance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedKaliman wrote:
Thanks for your answer

By the way, i suposse you can reinforce more than your initial number of monsters, so there can be 4 razorwings acompanong alric, for instance

Yes. The only limit is the actual miniatures, and the types allowed to be reinforced by that Leader (all the basic types they start with for Lts).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Retired Hurt

Brussels
Unspecified
msg tools
But in that case Razorwings are limited to four !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.