California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work. How much did you charge for this? I've been wanting to get my set painted and the guy I was going to hire has decided to no longer offer that service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Anderson
United States
Ennis
Montana
flag msg tools
There is nothing better than playing board games with my 4 sons!
badge
There is nothing better than playing board games with my 4 sons!
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
Nice work. How much did you charge for this? I've been wanting to get my set painted and the guy I was going to hire has decided to no longer offer that service.

Scott, you can't go wrong getting him to paint these for you - top quality work, and I say that from first hand experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, I'm thinking about it right now. I've had the game sitting on my shelf for months and looking forward to getting it to the table. But having them painted the first game would be pretty cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
ScottE wrote:

I wouldn't mind knowing either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Clausing
United States
Winfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ruhland
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't gotten my grubby little hands on them yet (imagine my anticipation) but they look awesome and I can't wait.
The price is certainly right and for the quality of work he provides I don't think you could do better.
More importantly though the whole process was a pleasure for me (and probably a pain for So Rice) as he was very accomodating to my wishes, needs, and a series of little problems that cropped up (on my end not his).
If you're looking to get any models painted, Earth Reborn or otherwise, I very strongly recommend So Rice.
Thanks again and I can't wait to get these to the table!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Minkoff
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
Dum, Dum, Dum dum dum, Dum!
badge
"Money isn't everything, but it's a tie-breaker in Power Grid!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I am very interested, but with the shipping costs and everything else involved, it's tough for me to budget in. Beautiful work, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ruhland
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was definately an extravagance for me to have these figures painted in this way. I certainly couldn't afford to do this for all of my games/minis. But this game and especially these minis seemed worth it to me.
Have I mentioned that I can't wait to get them to the table!?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really really tempted, these are up there with Universal Head's paintjob. I used to collect painted minis back in the 90's when you could find painters at local cons. They'd do custom work or you could buy ones they already painted. Generally they'd cost between $20-50 each but these were contest worthy paintjobs.

So the price seems very reasonable. I just need to justify spending this so close to the holidays! Not to mention, I spent $70 for the game itself so this is a $200 game which I still haven't played! Oi, I do need to get this to the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Calzolari
Italy
S.Lazzaro di Savena
Bologna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since there's no way i can be a competitor blush.... there's a way to see them in a bigger resolution, to try to learn? James Woo was my most difficult minis.... being it black.... i'd like to see what you've done on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
parduz wrote:
Since there's no way i can be a competitor blush.... there's a way to see them in a bigger resolution, to try to learn? James Woo was my most difficult minis.... being it black.... i'd like to see what you've done on it.

I agree, I'd love to see some high res, brighter images!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Walter
United Kingdom
Warrington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you need to re-undercoat these mini's?

I started painting my Earth Reborn mini's last night and the paint went on as if it was not undercoated at all, very annoying.

I would undercoat them again but the stickers on the bases are in the way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.