Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bit of a preamble so you know where this is coming from:
I've occasionally started small video game "projects" in the past (usually related to study requirements), brought them to a point where I had a somewhat advanced alpha build (or just a limited prototype) and then trashed them for various reasons. So I'm not by any means an industry professional.

However, I feel it's getting time for me to finish up my degree, and for that I have to write my diploma thesis. I also want to get ahead in a somewhat more serious and bigger game project I've occasionally worked on in my spare time for the last few months. I pretty much started this project with the intent to use it as the practical side/proof-of-concept of my thesis. (an advantage of working for the university, I don't have to look for a company that offers an interesting project, I can just make one up myself. )

While my focus so far is (and probably will remain) mostly on the AI, there's obviously a wide spectrum of peripheral issues that tie into the design of a video game AI to consider and write about, and thinking about how to go about this, I figured that maybe there is some interest in the subject around here. Obviously I have an ulterior motive: Besides keeping me focused and consolidating my thoughts in colloquial form, I hope that such a blog could spark the occasional discussion that leads to ideas and viewpoints I failed to consider, or maybe useful sources I wouldn't otherwise have found.

So, I'd sporadically write about whatever subjects I'm currently engaged in, in a form that doesn't require (much) technical knowledge, and put my thoughts and conclusions out there.

Is there any interest in such a blog? More to the point: Are there any reasons NOT to give it a try? (Given that I wouldn't post my actual thesis text I don't SEE any, but maybe I'm missing something) Tell me what you think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.