Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Garber
Canada
Vauxhall
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all! I was recently looking at my wishlist and I realized something: games that I am "thinking about" generally never leave that category. For me "thinking about" pretty much means that there was something about the game that I was suppose to like but for some reason it never grabbed me. It also usually means that I won't buy it unless I play it first which probably won't happen as I am the guy that buys the games Amon those I game with. So I was asking myself: why do i even add games to this category? I think it's mostly out of a fear if missing out on something I'll really like and I feel if it's on my wishlist it will at least stay on my radar. Does anyone else view their "thinking about it" wishlist items in this way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Cannon
Wales
Trefforest
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mb
Generally my 'thinking about it' items on my wishlist become Christmas/birthday present ideas for my friends and family.
Those that I rate 'must have' or 'love to have' I buy quite quickly. Although I am starting to hold out of the buying as my mother is starting to ask what I want for Christmas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, and I think that's a good thing. I definitely get some sense of relief/happiness when I add something to my wishlist. Also, since I'm now tracking that item in a database, I no longer have to think about it every X days to remember that I'm thinking about buying it.

Overall, that means I've got more time to think about more important stuff and eventually, that game will either become irrelevant to me (and I drop it off my list) or it becomes a 'must have' and I buy it.

I also tend to subscribe to the general forum for the game, eventually if I stop caring about what gets posted there, then I likely don't care about the game at all anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I always like having it, because I always need to think about it...and then think about it relative to who am I going to get to play it... and then think about it relative to 'Am I really going to enjoy this?'... because unfortunately, tastes evolve a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 5 items on my Wishlist right now. Only 1 of them is currently in-print and available. The rest are possibly getting (re)printed in the coming months/years. It's unlikely I'll get all 5 items.

I recently purged my Wishlist and have resisted adding things to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
The "thinking about it" category is by far the largest portion of my WishList. Any game that sparks a bit of interest at first glance gets added to that category, and then when the game is released and I've had a chance to read more about it and check out some reviews, it either gets bumped up the WishList or removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.