GD '42» Forums » General

Subject: I'm getting this soon... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
Life and death come and go like marionettes dancing on a table. Once their strings are cut, they easily crumble.
badge
What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror. Then we shall see face to face.
mbmbmbmbmb
As a result of the last European September Math Trade, I'm a proud owner of GD'42 and I'm eagerly waiting for it in my mail. Yaiii!
I can see that the rules for this one are quite complex and I'd like to know if there is any way I can cut the learning times down, or - even better - if there are rules that I should keep in mind or skim over for the time being.
A second thing I'd like to know is the average time so complete each scenario, and the big campaign in your experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
Make sure that you get all of the errata (http://www.gamersarchive.net/theGamers/archive/tcs.htm).

Download the Bloody 110 game-specific rules and look at the little learning scenarios. For each one, set something up that's generally the same situation and play through it. The rule have change (a lot) since 1.0 and you'll have different maps and units, but you need to sit down and practice all of the elements of the game in a controlled setting.

After you've read the rules and played the learning scenarios, read through all of the Q&A here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
Life and death come and go like marionettes dancing on a table. Once their strings are cut, they easily crumble.
badge
What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror. Then we shall see face to face.
mbmbmbmbmb
elbmc1969 wrote:
Make sure that you get all of the errata (http://www.gamersarchive.net/theGamers/archive/tcs.htm).

Download the Bloody 110 game-specific rules and look at the little learning scenarios. For each one, set something up that's generally the same situation and play through it. The rule have change (a lot) since 1.0 and you'll have different maps and units, but you need to sit down and practice all of the elements of the game in a controlled setting.

After you've read the rules and played the learning scenarios, read through all of the Q&A here.

Ok. Seems quite articulate to me. Good, I love a challenge!
Incidently I've also downloaded the Vassal Module but was quite disappointed that no "scenario" was present, so - for each game - you need to put the units there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Some have it set up. i.e. A Frozen Hell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
武士に二言無し
Italy
Caravaggio near Bergamo near Milano
Europe + Earth + Via Lactea
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gorgoneion wrote:
... I'd like to know if there is any way I can cut the learning times down ...

Hi Piero,

Playing it on Vassal with ... me!

Ciao, buoni wargames.

F.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Filippo Chiari wrote:
Gorgoneion wrote:
... I'd like to know if there is any way I can cut the learning times down ...

Hi Piero,

Playing it on Vassal with ... me!

Ciao, buoni wargames.

F.

We may! Around January 2012, I cannot get into this before that date. But I'll be sure to seek you out if you're willing to play this beauty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
Gorgoneion wrote:
Ok. Seems quite articulate to me. Good, I love a challenge!
Incidently I've also downloaded the Vassal Module but was quite disappointed that no "scenario" was present, so - for each game - you need to put the units there.

Remember that you can set up the units and then save that as a game file for later. (and post it in the files section here to help others!)

There's actually a good bit of flexibility in the setups, so you would only get most units in the general area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, good, so there's a variable setup each time. That makes replaying more interesting.

And what of the length of the game, or its smaller scenarios?
I'm not usually frightened by long games, I play PoG and PuoG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.