Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Morten Eeg Ejrnæs Nielsen
Denmark
Værløse
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am getting very tired of carrying all those boxes every time I want to play Dominion somewhere that is not my home - there simply must be others with the same problem that have actually come up with some sort of solution.

How do you store your Dominion game and expansions??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
local gamer makes wodden boxes that fits all expansionsetc that is what people around here tend to use

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two pieces of cardboard/tag board down the box cutting it into thirds so that the cards fit width-wise between them. Index cards cut to just fit inside box with card name on top. Cards sorted alphabetically down the dividers. It's not pretty but it works okay. I have D, D:I, SS, and Cornucopia. When I eventually get Prosperity and Hinterlands I'll have to figure something else out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Item for Geeklist "Creative Organization and Storage Solutions"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KT
United Kingdom
Bingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowdale wrote:

This cost me less than £10

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
Behold! The huge treasure chest of Dominion!

I've planned ahead, and there's room in here for all 8 expansions, as and when we see them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.theboardgameblog.com/2010/02/step-by-step-fit-dom...

The mats fit in the extra middle spot on the side, everything else that's out right now will fit in the 2 long rows. After the next expansion, I'm going to have to ditch the mats, then after that....I might have to carry a small box for the greens/golds, but the rest should still all fit in that solution.

The only adjustment I made was to have the labels be on tabs that stick up a tiny drop and alternate being towards the left and the right and wrote the names on the cards on both sides, so as new expansions come out, I can insert the cards alphabetically into the the middle of the rest without too much work (other than turning around the cards).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Elida Forssell
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
badge
Gone swimming
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw one this weekend, he had made boxes to store his cards in, just wide enough for the cards and long enough for each of the expansions to be kept seperately. I have also heard of one who made a big box to store all the cards in. I find the way the cards come in the original game is quite goofy. I have three of the boxes, and they take up a lot of space in my shelf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James O'Donovan
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw this on youtube a while back. It might help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8p5zymCrCA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeekInsight
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
Giant Fire Breathing Robot
badge
gfbrobot.com
mbmbmbmbmb
You can find my storage solution - and a DIY how to - here.

It uses the base dominion box and all it takes is some cheapy card boxes and an Xacto knife. Fits through Alchemy and the newer expansion can be added to a second box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I want to believe
badge
*distinctive theme song whistle*
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowdale wrote:
I am getting very tired of carrying all those boxes every time I want to play Dominion somewhere that is not my home - there simply must be others with the same problem that have actually come up with some sort of solution.

I use one of these guys with these dividers. All Dominion expansions and promos released to date (through Cornucopia, for those stumbling across this later) are sleeved and present. I also store an unsleeved Race for the Galaxy in here, and it all pretty much juuuuust fits. I think I'll be able to fit one more expansion in here if I take out RftG. I have absolutely no clue what I'll do when more expansions show up at my door (though if you don't sleeve, you could probably fit 8-10 expansions in here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.