Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
As the title says.
Has anyone ou there really tried it as a 2 player game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Böttcher
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, no problem.

One player is the Dark Consul, the other players moves the heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
Baerenkeks wrote:
Yes, no problem.

One player is the Dark Consul, the other players moves the heroes.

Ok I'd sort of understood that much. But will it be, like... fun and endearing that way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien Castel
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi frenchi

Oui d'apres certains report de jeu, il fonctionne tres bien a 2 joueurs. Un peu comme heroquest, il en faut un pour endosser le role du mechant

(Translation : according to some playtests , the game works very well for two players. Like Heroquest, you will need one player to be the bad guy )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Caughmann
msg tools
As others have mentioned, yes, it can be played with only 2 people. As for whether or not it is fun like that - that will completely depend on the 2 people playing. If you have 2 people who both enjoy the style of game, and the genre as a whole, you will do just fine. If you are trying to get your significant other to give it a try, and they typically leery of your hobby, you may not do so well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thetang22 wrote:
If you are trying to get your significant other to give it a try, and they typically leery of your hobby, you may not do so well.
Story of my life. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thetang22 wrote:
you will do just fine. If you are trying to get your significant other to give it a try, and they typically leery of your hobby, you may not do so well.

laugh

No it's ok, my significant other and loved one's favourites games are Battlelore, Runewars and Race for the Galaxy AND she likes trying a new game twice a months or so, thus it should be fine provided the game isn't sluggish or uninteresting for two

Actually my only fear with that type of game is that they dont work so well when you don't have a TEAM of explorers, you know...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Caughmann
msg tools
brunogaia wrote:
Actually my only fear with that type of game is that they dont work so well when you don't have a TEAM of explorers, you know...

Naturally, games are usually more fun when you have a group of like-minded people playing together...but it is still possible to play with just 2 people. The game should still be fun...you just won't have the group dynamic. The wife will just have to control multiple heroes, or play a smaller scale game with just one hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.