Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Warrior Knights» Forums » General

Subject: 50 Mercenaries rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
e Söderberg
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mb
Hi I have a question about the use of soldiers of size 50, 150.
a 50 card will not alone grant you a fate card in battle so what is their use? to allow a noble to run around on the board or as a cheap loss in case of desertion?

the same question for 150. they still only provide 1 card unless combined with another card of course.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
caltha wrote:
Hi I have a question about the use of soldiers of size 50, 150.
a 50 card will not alone grant you a fate card in battle so what is their use? to allow a noble to run around on the board or as a cheap loss in case of desertion?

the same question for 150. they still only provide 1 card unless combined with another card of course.


The losses are -100 forces, so if you are in a battle , and let's say you have 100 strong army and you take -100 casulties, then you are wiped out.

BUT if you have 150 strong force and you take -100 casualties then you still have 50 troops left and your noble remains on the board(if you win the battle). So the extra 50 forces really makes a difference in the few battles that occur in the game.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
e Söderberg
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mb
Hi again.

I have a rule question linked to this.
If you have an army of 50 soldiers, do you allocate a -100 casualty to the army or just take it off board?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
caltha wrote:
Hi again.

I have a rule question linked to this.
If you have an army of 50 soldiers, do you allocate a -100 casualty to the army or just take it off board?


The army is destroyed. Take it off the board.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
e Söderberg
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mb
So no casualty?
meaning that the mercenary card will not be lost unless it deserts?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
caltha wrote:
So no casualty?
meaning that the mercenary card will not be lost unless it deserts?



3. Assign Casualties: For each 100 casualties he has
taken, each Baron must assign one casualty token to his
armies. One by one, he assigns the tokens to his armies
involved in the battle. An army may only take as many
casualties as it has troops. If the number of casualties is
ever equal to or greater than the number of troops in the
army, the Noble leading that army dies (see “Noble
Death,” page 18)
and no more casualty tokens may be assigned to that army.


Quote:
When a Noble dies, the following happens:
1. Draw for Deserters: Draw one Fate card. If the
deceased Noble had any Mercenaries of the drawn
nationality assigned to him, the Baron must choose one
Mercenary Troop of that nationality to immediately
desert. (Shuffle it back into the Mercenary deck.)
2. Lose Casualties: For every casualty token on the
Noble’s army, he must discard 100 strength worth of
Mercenaries.
If the Noble cannot discard a number of
Mercenaries exactly equal to the casualties, he must discard
as many as possible without going over. Then all
casualty tokens are removed from the Noble. Note that
Regular Troops are never discarded as casualties.
3. Remove the Noble from the board and discard any
offices he held.


It's all in there. You always lose your mercenaries since you cannot take regular troops as losses.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.