Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Underwood
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just want to be sure we are playing correctly.

We have concluded that if a person's marker reaches the last position at the bottom they no longer have to worry about feeding their crews as there is no longer a penalty for NOT feeding them. We assume this reflects the fact that if a marker reaches this position it indicates the player has obtained a level of grain production which will cover his requirements from this point forward.

Is this correct or are we screwing up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that is incorrect. The penalty is the same in the last two spaces. The only difference is that you receive points when you move onto the last space. I'm pretty sure it's in the rules, but I don't have the game with me to look it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mathue is correct. You still have a penalty of one point per crew you cannot feed. (Similar to how, in the stone market, you can still sell your stones 2 for a point.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Libonati Rocha
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ian and Mathue are correct.
The penalty isn't printed in the board and this begets many confusion. But you always lose 1 VP per crew you don't feed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a very nice FAQ that clears up many questions:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/58781/egizia-faq-and-c...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Underwood
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the input!
I had a feeling we were not playing correctly, but couldn't find anything to the contrary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.