Subject: Shadow Swords: Ghost Stories for 5-8 Players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zac Dortch
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

"Ghost Stories: Shadow Swords" is a homemade 'expansion' for 'Ghost Stories' that will allow up to 8 players in the same game. A PDF containing all the rules is available in the Files section:

Shadow Swords

Printable templates for the 'corner boards' are included. Additional components are required from a second copy of 'Ghost Stories', or can be easily proxied. 'Shadow Swords' has been thoroughly tested for balance and playability. If you've ever wanted to gang up against Wu-Feng with seven of your closest friends, now's your chance.

Enjoy.

^_^
-LordRaidor-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zac Dortch
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VASSAL Updated
The VASSAL engine module for 'Ghost Stories' has now been updated to include 'Shadow Swords' as well.

VASSAL: Ghost Stories

^_^
-LordRaidor-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♫ As the masters rot on walls ♫ And the angels eat their grapes ♫ I watched Picasso Visit The Planet Of The Apes ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
Typical uber-creativity from LordRaider! Very nice, Zac.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So with more than a year and almost 800 downloads can anyone share first hand reports of their experience with this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
So with more than a year and almost 800 downloads can anyone share first hand reports of their experience with this?

Okay, so another year has passed… has anyone actually tried this out yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zac Dortch
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Silent Curse of Shadow Swords...
Well, ...yet another year passes. Now over 1000 downloads and STILL nobody with any comments... ^_~

Sorry 'Mystic - don't know what to tell you. If it's any consolation, I think it plays great. In fact, I played with it a couple weeks ago (for TableTop day) and had a blast. I am probably biased, of course, but I'm apparently the only feedback you're going to get.

...Everbody else who has tried it must have had their souls consumed by the gaping Kharmic maws of the Shadow Swords...

^_^
-LordRaidor-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Geek
msg tools
I glimpsed over this game because it was only four players. Bought 2 copies this game recently only because of this variant to have 5-8 and we played it with 6. Worked nicely. I like the fact that instead of a haunting happening every 3 turns with the 4 players, it goes in a 2-4 so planning that out nicely adds a challenge.

We all had fun. Even with 6 it didn't feel like we had to wait a long time probably because everyone is trying to see what is going on and the turns are quick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zac Dortch
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Better Late than Never
Wow, ...more than six years after the original post, and the first feedback has now officially arrived! Hurrah! ^_^

Thanx for your comments, K. I'm glad you and your group had fun. Happy New Year!

^_^
-LordRaidor-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.