Popular Tags: [View All]
John H
United States
Metro Detroit Area
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our group has playtested both of these lists and had fun with them. The name of each is meant to be a bit descriptive and fun...like the game. The name of each card is listed and its cost.

Dragon Slayer
Overview/Idea:
This set was an attempt to slow down (and slay) the Dragon. A combination of spells and creatures that either improve attacks or reduce the attack of the Dragon itself. The Deathdealer can attempt to steal a Dragon and the Defender makes putting up a Dragon a more expensive prospect, while protecting others.

Spells:
- Growth Spell (4)
- Life Spell (4)
- Death Charm (5)
Creatures:
- Ghostly Spirit (3)
- Deathdealer (3)
- Strong Devotee of the Holy Query (4)
- Mighty Witching Hag (5)
- Strong Warrior of teh Quay (5)
- Mighty Defender of the Pale (6)
- Mighty Quake Dragon (9)

Game Group Results:
The first two times a dragon was put forth, it was taken down and anther dragon was exchanged with the Deathdealer. However, the Defender also works for the Dragon in combination and this proved to be the game winner. Overall it was fun, but I think I will look for an alternate for the DotP, perhaps Strong Primordial Ooze. Suggestions?

Recyclers
Overview/Idea:
The idea of this set was to put as many dice in play as possible. This is achieved through spells and creatures, using their effects to keep destroyed creatures in either the Ready or Active pools. The Growth Cantrip and Mighty Questing Wizard also allow extra puchases and the Quid to do it.

Spells:
- Life Charm (3)
- Growth Cantrip (3)
- Shaping Cantrip (4)
Creatures:
- Ghostly Spirit (3)
- Mighty Scavenging Goblin (3)
- Strong Devotee fo the Holy Query (4)
- Strong Witch Hag (5)
- Strong Warrior of the Quay (5)
- Strong Primordial Oooze (7)
- Mighty Questing Wizard (8)

Game Group Results:
There were lots of choices made and strategies tried in our first two games. It was an even race through mid game both times, when those with Wizards and Oozes (Oozies?) started to pull ahead. The firt game was much closer than the second, but all enjoyed this set.

So there you have it, two sets with specific themes/ideas behind them. If you have others you have tried, please share them here.

Thanks,

John

Edited for typos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We tried the Recyclers set and it was very fun, I tried to use the ooze and the Quay hoping that I would have the ability to copy my opponents dice and get +1 A and +1 D to take out anything they have but could not roll worth a $h!t, the game was very fun I have to try it again, I know my idea will work, just gotta roll better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Balazs Szendroi
Hungary
Budapest
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I really like the idea of the pre-built card list, and im loking forward to try them. It would be cool to see more of them, I am pretty sure there would be a lot of fun ones. By the way maybe you should have posted it in the variants section, because it would be easyer to find them for the masses. Soon it will be buried in the general section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John H
United States
Metro Detroit Area
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not look at this as a variant, as no new rules are added other than selecting specific cards, which could be viewed as a 'mild' variant.

I will post one or two more ideas in a PDF and post them in the Files section. That way they will not be buried as much. Sound good?

szendroib wrote:
I really like the idea of the pre-built card list, and im loking forward to try them. It would be cool to see more of them, I am pretty sure there would be a lot of fun ones. By the way maybe you should have posted it in the variants section, because it would be easyer to find them for the masses. Soon it will be buried in the general section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Balazs Szendroi
Hungary
Budapest
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, great idea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Perez
United States
Aliso Viejo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone come up with a "rigged demo" set of cards (a la "Munchkin") in order to teach the game in a simpler (less tactical, if you want to say it that way) manner?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John H
United States
Metro Detroit Area
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea Robb, anyone have suggestions? We could probably put one together here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor H
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like this.
Cant wait to test those lists. And the demo-list, I will give my 2c when I get home.
/Igarka

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.