Chadwick VonVeederVeld
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
played this one last night for the first time. I played three investigators, against my wife as keeper...

the mechanic for the objective she chose was the same basic idea as in most of the base game objectives...the story-line was great and really made for a good time. This was actually one of the most tense games we have played, coming down to a race to the finish...

So, I would suggest to anyone who enjoys this game, that this expansion is a fun and enjoyable addition to the base set...

my only issue I had with this scenario is a spoiler....so

Spoiler (click to reveal)
my wife chose, I believe, objective 1b...her win conditions were to have the witch escape the house via the front path. during the game, I misinterpreted one of the clues, and went searching in the wrong direction. this poor move on my part, set me way back, and it took awhile to recover from it. When I finally did recovered and made it to the first clue, revealing the objective, there were very few turns left before the final event card would be revealed. In fact, there were not enough turns left for the witch to possibly be able to make it anywhere near the front path from where she spawns. So when the final event is revealed, it states that everyone loses...Now I get that the keeper did not meet the objective of getting the witch to escape, or the alternative of killing off all of the investigators, but, I think it is unfair that she would lose because my progress was so slow that she would not have time to ever complete her objective.....long winded, but I feel that this objective should have a win condition for the keeper on the final event card.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seamus O'Toole
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(spoilers for events and objective in this scenario)
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The third event includes an option for the keeper to reveal the objective. In the scenario you've given, it would be in the keepers favour to take this option so she'd have as much time as possible to escape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwick VonVeederVeld
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
aaaahhhh....yeah, that makes sense.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.