Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlos Saldanha
Portugal
Loures
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there!

I've read through this section and I don't understand... I've played the Cataclysm scenario last night and ended it too easily. I also played the Dragon basic one and again thought the same.

I went through the whole rules of the game and found no loops or mistakes made, but I will recap:
-starter deck, opening hand, actions, EOT - Event
-build, build, actions, actions, play, play, several turns, beat Event
-start of turn, actions, play, EOT - Event

Well, I think this is the normal course of the game, right?!

What I see is that some events will work as a "clock", like the one who gives 8 turns to complete on Cataclysm; but the others won't take that much of the game and give you time to build your deck.
I started with the 8 turns one first, so I've taken about 6 turns to build a solid hand to beat the Event and procede to the next, who was an Enemy with no "clock" effect.

Does this Enemy attacks you at the EOT?! Every turn?! If not I think people can stale the game to work their decks and then attack the Enemy.

Also, I've read about this 8 Turn Event that ends games in 2/3/4P! People, the rules say that the Event Phase happens on the EOT of the last player. Am I right?! If so, there's no placing markers on it untill the Event Phase, giving every player a turn and then placing the marker.

I really want to play this game but it seems too much easy for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you drawing an event at the end of each round?

Rune Age rulebook, page 7 wrote:
After each player has completed his turn, resolve the Event phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Overholser
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You draw an event card after every turn. Even if there's already an enemy in play. So, you don't get to spend several turns "building up" before fighting off the current enemy and moving to the next card of the event deck, you'll draw another card even if you're not ready for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Saldanha
Portugal
Loures
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... that makes sense! I've read the rules and it's not clear enough.
Ok, I will play it again.

But even this way it seems too much easy... but I will post again after played it and give my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
oDESGOSTO wrote:
But even this way it seems too much easy...

I assure you it's not. I've never beaten it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mads l. brynnum
Denmark
2400 Kbh. NV
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Cataclysm is just stupidly difficult, but maybe just a bit easier with one player than with two. I've only played it once with more than two players (three) and I think that made it even more difficult.

But, seriously, solo and two player I think I've played maybe a 100 games winning no more than two or three two player and a small handful of one player games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JASON MAXWELL
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Play with my son 6 times. We lost every time and he cried (10 years old). Hehe. We finally beat it barely on the 7th try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
It is very hard to beat with 2 players. I am convinced that you will not find it easy once you play with the rules as intended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
We won one out of 8 4 player games. 4 of those, one of the first two events was the enemy that deals 2 damage to each non-active player when the active player doesn't attack him, or destroy 2 random units from each players hand when a player does attack him. Usually we survived for about 4 rounds before an event attacks someone directly and wiped out his remaining health.

Anyone else find it strange that the only co-op mode has a betrayal event?

I'm not sure how the difficulty scales with players. The one game we won, we had the Undying take all the cities so the Elves could have them, and the two of them used all the influence to help the other two factions get a good enough hand to take on the enemies. We were also shuffling through our decks rapidly by attacking each other to cycle our hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
TomBoombs wrote:
Anyone else find it strange that the only co-op mode has a betrayal event?

This is FFG. I'd have found it strange if there wasn't one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Saldanha
Portugal
Loures
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I've played this game once again and I have to say... it's way better the correct way!

I love the stacking and the sense of urgency this game inflicts on those who play it and that was something I was expecting when I bought it!

So I must say I'm very happy and thankfull to you guys... this small detail made me love this game!

(yes, I like difficult games... I've won 1 Arkham Horror solo game once and I'm still convinced I did something wrong, since I never won the other 10+ AH games!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Balint Weisz
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
enditen wrote:
Play with my son 6 times. We lost every time and he cried (10 years old).

Am I a bad person for laughing out loud at this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.