Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder Ultimate Werewolf Legacy now from beziergames.com
badge
Ultimate Werewolf Legacy
mbmbmbmbmb
Up until the release of Ultimate Werewolf Artifacts, I'll be posting a new "card of the week" each week from the deck.

The Cloak of the Prince seems like it'll extend the life of a player one day. And it will, but that's not all it'll do. Because the Cloak defends against a successful lynch, and a successful lynch ends the day, it's pretty penalizing for the village. Unless they're [i]sure[i] that the holder of this Artifact is a werewolf, they'll miss a day worth of lynchings when they lynch that player. In fact, if you know that the holder of the Cloak is a werewolf, you might want to have the witch or something else kill that player. In fact, even if the holder of the Cloak of the Prince just [i]might[i] be a werewolf, killing him off with a non-lynching power might be a good thing.

Conversely, the werewolves probably won't kill this player at night, because he'll always be a slight suspect of being a werewolf, and the village doesn't want to lose a day's worth of lynching.

It's easy to use this card right before a vote to save yourself, but it also might be beneficial to use it sooner...again, so that the werewolves don't target you (though the consequences of them targeting you are much worse than the rest of the village, since they'll kill you outright).

The Cloak of the Prince is a very powerful ability, and could change the scope of the game if played at the right time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Holy shit, rebuilding your games collection is expensive!
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
The current version of the card says "You may not be eliminated during the day." It's an ongoing revealed card.

This wording is vastly different from "The first attempt to lynch you fails". That seems to imply that as soon as this card is revealed, you cannot lynch the person EVER. The person doesn't just avoid one lynch; they avoid all lynches. So if a Werewolf receives this card, then the Wolves automatically win the game unless the Hunter or Huntress or the Witch or a conflicting role or win-stealing role like the Chupacabra is in play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian mcelligott
United States
cedar city
Utah
flag msg tools
Yes seems to powerful in the hands of a werewolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.