Adam Thorp
Sweden
flag msg tools
"I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used."
mbmbmbmbmb
If e.g. the Commonwealth and France have a trade agreement, who is responsible for arranging convoy lines overseas? The recipient, or the one giving stuff away?

I think the rules are a bit ambiguous in this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall Griffiths
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
It doesn't matter because both France and CW can use each others CP's to transport resources and Build Points. You can even mix and match through multiple sea zones if you like. With all of that being said, allow me to quote from the FAQ: "lend leased resources and build points may be transported as either the lender's or recipient's as the lender sees fit" I hope that helps.

Ken
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Nicholls
United Kingdom
Bakewell
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

That is true for lend lease because this is between two Major Powers who are allied in a war (as per all conditions in WiF). However a DoD trade agreement is different because it could be between two powers who are not allied in a war - for example Germany and the US.

In this case, the convoy line cannot be split between the two powers (except for the initial US / Japan trade agreement). As I understand it, one power has to provide all the convoys for any trade in one particular direction and the exact arrangement forms part of the trade agreement negotiation (which is generally carried out before the play of the 0(f) option which seals the deal).

For example the USA trades 2 oil for a build point from Germany - Germany agrees to provide the convoy points across the Atlantic for the build point it is sending to the US and the US provides the tankers to transport the oil in the other direction. Note that this only works if both powers have naval bases to allow such positioning - which is entirely possible in DoD if certain minors are "brought onboard" by politics (or war).

If a treaty is made (which is how a trade agreement negotiation is initiated) without such agreement and one power imposes a trade agreement (as per p28 of the rules), then the recipient must provide the convoys or tankers for the resources oil or build points they get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Thorp
Sweden
flag msg tools
"I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used."
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to the both of you for helping clear this up for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.