Hide
5 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Thalin & ambush on the shore rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Figo 3434
msg tools
In "journey down the anduin", I transition to "ambush on the shore" because I collected all 16 progress tokens in the questing phase. The questing card says: "When revealed, reveal 2 encounter cards per player and add them to the staging area." Now, does Thalin deal one damage to every enemy revealed from the staging area? I guess so, because it's still the questing phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook Page 14 wrote:
Characters committed to a quest are considered
committed to that quest through the end of the quest
phase, unless removed from the quest by a card effect.

Thalin wrote:
While Thalin is committed to a quest, deal 1 damage to each enemy as it is revealed by the encounter deck.

Thalin is still questing at this point in the example that you gave. If you finish a quest later via Legolas or a similar effect, then no, Thalin is not still questing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Thalin's ability is in effect as long as he's committed to the quest. Since characters are considered questing throughout the Quest phase, he still deals damage.

This also means that Dol Guldur Orcs revealed during this time would still cause 2 damage to a quester.

EDIT: ninja'd again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Langewisch
United States
Englewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
www.ludolodge.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I always thought about this way: The next phase after questing is the travel phase. Since you haven't gone to the travel phase, you must still be in the questing phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.