Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game has me intrigued. It seems to be a nice (and hopefully balanced) game incorporating elements from such diverse sources as:

* Role-playing. There are 4 characters in the core set, with different skills, equipment, etc. They can level-up.

* Table-top miniatures game. Combat is performed using 'card minis' (stands), along with terrain, and measuring distances with the edge of a card.

* Card game. There are quite a lot of cards. I still have to see how the mechanics interact to actually ascertain whether the game lies partially within this category.

* Game-book. The manual for the Dungeon Master (or whatever name they have devised for that effect), includes numbered sections a la game-books of old (well, there is 'Legion of Shadow, which launched last February and I own), where certain actions lead to certain outcomes.

I'm curious to see how all this is implemented. It looks fun, well-made, and without the complexity (or duration of a session) primed by RPG's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
In my mind, this is a pure intro RPG. The DM's work is tremendously simplified what is a great choice since this is the person who classically needs to know the rules the best and has to put most work upfront. I think right there they made the game more accessible. The game book element is just part of how to make the DM's job easier. The miniature aspect is not much different from D&D, just used to give some simple tactical decisions to make combat more interesting.

I am excited to play this with my kids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, it seems really easy to put your own ideas to paper and produce adventures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. It is a simple system but it seems to give you enough to cover any game situation. I like the props, they provide a visual reference that I think helps younger and newer players to envision the situation. It looks really cool. I am curious to see how it plays out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.