Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: [WIP] Domilization (feedback is welcome) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Willem-Jan Rensink
msg tools
First of all, I want to tell you that the name of this game probably will change, becaus I just made it up a minute ago for the purpose of this Game Journal

Now, the game:
In 'Domilization,' players will try to have guilds take control over their cities to score points. They do this by introducing guild members and killing of others, while keeping the city happy.
The game starts with three piles of cards, each representing a different era. Each player starts with 5 cards in his/her hand of the first era and 1 city with three happiness tokens in front of them.
The gameplayer is divided in different phases:

INTRODUCE PHASE:
Each player places any number of cards from his/her hand in play in a face-down pile front of him/her simultaneously. After that each player may place another card from his/her hand on top of the face-down pile of your left neighbour, and then on the pile of his left neighbour, ect. This is all done all simultaneously.

INHABIT PHASE:
Each player reveals the top card of his/her pile, then chooses on of his/her cities and puts the card in that city, causing one of the following things to happen:
-Person card: Place the person card on the right side of the city, and execute the abilities on the person card, represented by icons. These things can be: Increase the Happiness // Decrease the Happiness // Kill person cards in front of it // Give points (at the end of the game) // Be able to place a law in the city.
-Law card: Kill the last person card of a city with an 'be able to place a law in the city' icon on it. If you do, place the law on the left side of the city. Otherwise, kill the law. Laws can grant you special abilities over the course of the game.
-City Card: Kill the last X person cars of a city, where X is the value of that city. If you do, place the city under you initial city with X Happiness tokens on them.

REVOLT PHASE:
If a city of any player has unhappiness (negative happiness), that player has return the last person cards from that city to his/her hand equal to the number of unhappiness. When they do, the happiness is removed

DRAW PHASE:
Draw or discard cards until you have reached your hand limit (normally 5) from the current era. If an era deck runs out, draw cards from the next one.

When all era deck ran out, you score points for the value of your cities, for some law cards and for the number of persons of your biggest guild, with the number of persons of the lowest guild decreased.

Thank you for reading this, feedback is always welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mmm... 'kay... Well, I'll admit that I'm confused. Maybe if you posted a couple example cards and an example round of play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds interesting. Have you made cards or playtested it yet? I'd like to hear more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Swan
Ireland
Dublin 18
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any update?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.