1 Posts

Knights of the Air» Forums » General

Subject: Spotting procedure is clever, but it kind locks the game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mauricio de Souza Fonseca
Brazil
flag msg tools
KNIGHTS OF THE AIR is a good World War I air ifghting game. However, don't expecti to play it with more than six planes in each game.

Contrary to AIR FORCE, for example, KNIGHTS OF THE AIR is not designed in a way that one player can handle, say, four aircraft. There are two main reasons for that.

a. The counter included, most of them really necessary, are for only six planes. Yes, you could have the trouble of devising your own counters. But (see point B).

b. The spotting mechanism, the first thing to do in the beginning of a turn, although clever, it woudl bring the game to a griding halt each turn. I can't imagine the nightmare it would be to spot and target more than six planes, and then the nightmare to check who moves first.

It tried to be the best World War I dofight game out there, but fell short. WINGS I think is much better (similiar to AIR FORCE, same designer by the way).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.