Alashar Waltz
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Here's the scene: I've got a well-placed blue leader adjacent to 3 temples, but due to the 2 monuments with blue in them in this kingdom, I've a got a surplus of blue VPs. Meanwhile, I only have 2 VPs for black, my black leader is still sitting out on the sidelines, and one of the monuments does have black. The question is, if I swap my inactive black leader with the blue leader in play, does that constitute 1 or 2 of my actions? I'm guessing it's going to take 2: one to remove the blue leader and the second to place the black leader. But it could be argued that placing the black leader is the action with the removal of the blue being more of a passive consequence, thus 1 action. I'd prefer it to be 1 action, but perhaps that'd be unfair to other players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deleted User
msg tools
badge
Quote:
But it could be argued that placing the black leader is the action with the removal of the blue being more of a passive consequence, thus 1 action.

You can't place a leader onto the board if there's a leader (or anything else for that matter) in that space. Therefore, you need to use an action to withdraw your Farmer from that Kingdom, then spend your other action to insert your King into the area vacated by your Farmer.

There is no such thing as a "passive consequence" in the rules of Euphrat & Tigris.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.