Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Hansen
United States
South Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
This variant is to make more monsters appear and cause trouble and to provide incentive (albeit, negative) for players to attempt adventures they'd normally leave alone.

It assumes players are interpreting the monster task rule to mean that monster markers should be added to adventures as evenly as possible once monster tasks on adventures are filled.

Monster Surge: If, at any point, all monster tasks on adventure cards are filled, and a "a monster appears!" effect takes place, a monster surge occurs. Instead of adding a single monster marker, add a number of monster markers equal to the number of monster tasks on the board. If there are no monster tasks, add one monster marker normally.

Example: At Midnight, Jenny draws a Mythos card with the effect A Monster Appears!!! Unfortunately, there are no available monster task slots available. Currently, two adventure cards have one monster task each, so Jenny draws two monsters from the cup and places each under an adventure that does not already have a monster marker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smile Widely

New York
msg tools
This is only effective if you play the game with the house rule of spreading the monsters evenly. If you play the game, and stack the monsters onto one adventure with low penalties, it's easy to rack up trophies if you allow more than the standard flow of monsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hansen
United States
South Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
This is only effective if you play the game with the house rule of spreading the monsters evenly.

You're correct. That's why I said that in my original post. Maybe I shouldn't have used 'interpretation'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.