Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David J Schaffner
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the game's map bordering between adjacent areas leaves open the question of whether diagonal movement is allowed between them. Nothing in the rules directly addresses this from what I've read.

At the moment, to play the game we've decided that movement across boundary corners should not be allowed, but on the illustrated map below, movement (1) isn't too much different than movement (2).

In instance (1), what is the counter crossing limit in affect?

Hopefully, an official clarification for this can be made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Layman
United States
Davidson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
for what its worth, i;ve also been playing movement across boundary corners is not allowed.. (1) on your map is not a corner boundary, so i would say the normal 2 unit limit for crossing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Miller
United States
West Jefferson
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cmdr layman wrote:
for what its worth, i;ve also been playing movement across boundary corners is not allowed.. (1) on your map is not a corner boundary, so i would say the normal 2 unit limit for crossing.
I believe you are correct on no corner crossings. To allow them would ruin the integrity of the scenario the map is trying to represent IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
With no official answer yet, FWIW in my games corner boundary crossing is not allowed. Established with opponent before starting play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it states in the rules somewhere no corner crossings, but I could be wrong (I don't have the rules in front of me at the moment).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It does not state that, and it should. And, three years later, no official response.

I forgot how sloppy M Wallace is with rules that seem obvious to those not in his inner circle.

Anyone wondered whether ford crossing limits apply with a retreat? The rules state you cannot retreat across a zero crossing, but not what to do with two counters trying to cross a 1 ford.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:
It does not state that, and it should. And, three years later, no official response.

I forgot how sloppy M Wallace is with rules that seem obvious to those not in his inner circle.

Anyone wondered whether ford crossing limits apply with a retreat? The rules state you cannot retreat across a zero crossing, but not what to do with two counters trying to cross a 1 ford.

Although the rules state "A unit cannot retreat across a boundary with a 0 number", they also state that you can "Place the Ford marker on ANY Bull Run boundary". I say you can retreat across said ford since it increases the boundary value above zero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But my question was what to do about having two units that need to retreat...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.