Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerald Katz
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
METEOR Reveal/Novice

Ships On Moons Add To Encounter

You have the power of Craters. As main player, use this power to add your ships on Moons to your encounter total in the following manner: Add 1 to your total for each ship on a Quarter Moon, 2 for each ship on a Half Moon, 3 for each ship on a Full Moon, and 4 for each ship on a Cheese Moon.

History: The Meteors swarm space in unpredictable orbits. Smashing through all obstacles, their reckless bombardment leave others running for cover.

Use Only In A Game With Moons

FLARE

All
Wild: You may impact a moon you occupy into a planet in the same system. All ships on the moon and planet go to the warp, and the moon is removed from the game. Give this card to Meteor if in the game; otherwise, discard it.

Reveal
Super: You may add the appropriate amount to your side of the encounter as an ally.

Commentary: This is a Moon power created by me but inspired by another. On Jack Reda's website under Moon powers there is a power called Lycanthrope (I don’t know the author's name) where depending upon the type of moon occupied, the player can play one type of card as another. For example, an artifact would be played as a x2 kicker. I found it interesting. Upon adding new powers to my set one day, I thought of it but hadn't remembered its wording. However, I decided not to use the card changing ability, but I did like the concept of a power that has an effect based upon the type of Moon occupied. I allowed for simple encounter points addition.

At first, the number of ships was irrelevant; only the occupation of a Moon mattered. However, I then considered that if Moons were played, some groups still might not play with Full or Cheese Moons. Also, since other players would occupy Moons to prevent Meteor from having them, the Meteor player won't occupy enough Moons for a significant boost in encounter points as intended. Allowing the number of ships be relevant was the solution. It forces other players to occupy Moons, which is fine, and Meteor still gets a significant encounter boost on Moons he does occupy. Unlike Lawyer, I did not base this power on a Moon. It is coincidence after the fact there is a Moon that adds the ships on it to encounter totals. If Meteor occupies that Moon those ships count twice, once for the Moon and once for the power.

Gerald Katz
Don't forget to tip the Butler!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
sweet! the wild is kinda scary, but fits the power perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack of Clubs
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Even bad moons are at least somewhat good for this guy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Katz
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It should be obvious but ships on moons aren't actually in the encounter. They are not considered lost if Meteor loses, they don't count for compensation, using the Super Flare doesn't have them count for defensive rewards, etc. They just allow an addition of points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.