HeroClix» Forums » General

Subject: Warped figures; what to do? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blank Francis
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey team, I just bought a small(ish) collection of single figures so I can get started with Heroclix. However, now that they've arrived I've noticed a few of the figs are a bit warped; things like figures leaning backwards or sideways seem to be the main problems (Emma Frost looks like she's attempting a move from Michael Jackson's Moonwalker), but also one or two have very thin parts that have bent out of shape (Gambit's staff, for example).

So can anything be done to fix this?

In the past I've fixed up figures molded in softer plastic (from Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game) by dunking them in hot water, pushing them back into shape and then dunking them in cold water. The Heroclix figures are a bit more solid and/or brittle, and there's the added factor of paint, so before I try anything I'd like to see what the consensus is!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenda Thorpe
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blankfrancis wrote:
Hey team, I just bought a small(ish) collection of single figures so I can get started with Heroclix. However, now that they've arrived I've noticed a few of the figs are a bit warped; things like figures leaning backwards or sideways seem to be the main problems (Emma Frost looks like she's attempting a move from Michael Jackson's Moonwalker), but also one or two have very thin parts that have bent out of shape (Gambit's staff, for example).

In the past I've fixed up figures molded in softer plastic (from Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game) by dunking them in hot water, pushing them back into shape and then dunking them in cold water. The Heroclix figures are a bit more solid and/or brittle, and there's the added factor of paint, so before I try anything I'd like to see what the consensus is!

Hot and cold water can work. I've used a hair dryer and the freezer before. the paint and plastic are all generally malleable. be careful with anything from the first few sets tho, the plastic used then was a bit less malleable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Westblade
Australia
Sebastopol
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blankfrancis wrote:

Yeah I have used the hot/cold water method before with some success.

Different sets have used different plastics, but the paint holds up fine with some manipulation in my experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blank Francis
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks for the assurances, guys. I dunked the offending pieces today and they came out beautifully! Emma Frost can walk again, Gambit's staff looks a lot more threatening now, and the Machine Man no longer appears to be using his circular saw on his own leg. Success!

PS: Troy, nice to see another Shulkie fan about the place. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Fajarit
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What works for me (for Wizkids products) is a hot hair dryer, blowing it back into the correct position. It takes about 1 minutes or less to correct. I've done this with all my figures. It fast and easy. If needed, correct with your hands and let it cool in the desired position.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.