Alien Frontiers» Forums » General

Subject: Terraforming station rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerold Wallis

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if the expansion will include an "official" way to keep people from accidentally gathering up dice that were used at the terraforming station.

I use cardboard tokens (of each color) that depict the #6 face of the die (I basically just put the dice on a scanner and scanned them in color). As soon as the colony is placed, I remove the terraforming die from the board, and replace it with the corresponding colored token. It still takes up the spot, and looks like a 6, but can never be accidentally rolled.

I've heard alternate ways of placing a small clear plastic dome/cup over the terraformed die, again as a reminder not to gather it.

Jerry W.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Both of those are good. I'm going to remember that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
Plaatsvervangende Schaamte
badge
mbmbmb
jerold_wallis wrote:
I use cardboard tokens (of each color) that depict the #6 face of the die (I basically just put the dice on a scanner and scanned them in color). As soon as the colony is placed, I remove the terraforming die from the board, and replace it with the corresponding colored token. It still takes up the spot, and looks like a 6, but can never be accidentally rolled.

I've heard alternate ways of placing a small clear plastic dome/cup over the terraformed die, again as a reminder not to gather it.

I would prefer the later over the former for one small issue:

If you return the die to the general pool, it could look like you could buy it again immediately - or missinterpret the cost for purchasing another die. With the dome, neither of those is a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Freels
Australia
Rooty Hill (Sydney)
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jerold_wallis wrote:

You mean like this:

I think something like the shower would make a great Kickstarter knick-knack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest & Ryan Driskel
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We used the inside of an old roll of tape, but I like the syrup cap!

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1044763/alien-frontiers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.