Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Garber
Canada
Vauxhall
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all! The rules for Stefan Feld's Trajan just got posted. I was just wondering what peoples initial thoughts are from a read of the rules?

My first thoughts after a very quick browse were:

1) seems waaay more complex than Macao
2) there is no way my group plays this in 90 minutes
3) looks pretty sweet!

Your thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefaan Henderickx
Belgium
Kallo
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Trajan Rules
Thanks for mentioning this. I read them also and I agree with all 3 conclusions (maybe not the one about Macao, I never played it, but watching it being played in German made the building look reaaly difficult).
-I guess my favorite mechanics will be the gold/gray sides of bonus tiles and ships and the way the construction site works.
-As a teacher of Latin I had to laugh with the word "viceconsul" and I did not see the theme in the actionpawncirclething, allthough I can see the way it challenges you as a gamer.
-I think the rules are nicely written with good examples.
Looks like I will need this one for my collection of Roman themed games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Garber
Canada
Vauxhall
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your welcome! I actually also thought the rules were well written. Isn't it funny that that is something to take notice of? With all the time and care put into making a game I am surprised at how many have subpar rule books.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.