4 Posts

The Legend of Robin Hood» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tiffany Stolk

Michigan
msg tools
I am trying to understand the combat rules for Lorh. I am new to playing this game and I just can't seem to understand the melee rules and probability ratio. Can anyone give me some simple examples?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Raspler
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If two Men at Arms (worth 2 each) attack two Merry Men (worth 1 each), it's a total of 4 to 2, or 2:1 on the CRT. If instead of that, three Men at Arms attack two Merry Men, it's 6 to 2, or 3:1.

Add up the attacker, add up the defender, and see how many times smaller fits into the larger. Find that ratio on the CRT.

If one Merry Man attacks a Knight, it's 1:3.

Leaders don't add combat strength, they just increase the die-roll, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiffany Stolk

Michigan
msg tools
Thanks so much for the clarification. That makes total sense to me. I was just confused about one of the rules I found where it gave an example of Men at arms had attack strength of 11 and Merry Men had attack strength of 4 it would be 11-4. It then said to round down in favor of defender. It then took it to 12-4. I don't understand how rounding down would be 12-4 and not 10-4. Wouldn't 12-4 give the attacker better odds then 10-4?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a little late, but thought I would chime in.

In the rules example, the 11-4 is rounded down in favor of the defender which is 2-1 (as also stated in the rules). You are quite right that it wouldn't be rounded up to 12-4. Thus with 4 defenders, the 1-1 table would include attacker strengths ranging from 4 to 7 (having 4 is obviously the most efficient); 2-1 includes 8-11 attacker strength; 3-1 would include 12-15 attacker strength.

Then in another example in the rules, they give the 12-4 odds, which would be on the 3-1 table. This is another example and not the solution to the 11-4 example.

Hope you have fun with the game, it is a great cat and mouse chase that is quite entertaining although the strategy is on the subtle side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.