Hide
3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: How to read your opponents mind in Yomi card game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K K
msg tools
I am quite interested in this card game called Yomi, but I have not bought it yet. I was keen on the so called read your opponent's mind, at least the game designers claimed that this game is all about that.

But how does it work? Do I need to know my opponent's deck first in order to "read his mind"? I wish you guys can provide examples of this kind of mind reading to me. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
This would probably be better suited in the Yomi forums here or the ones on Sirlin.net, but here you go - there's a few threads on the subject already:

A guide to basic reading
Variance/Luck in Yomi.
Hand Management 101

Indeed you need to know the opponent's deck a bit in order to be able to properly read them, and reading also only works if both players aren't complete newbies - though complete newbies can play quite transparently at times and do develop and show patterns as well, it's also possible that they play more or less completely random and then you just play by valuation, not by yomi.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just go with the
"look deeply into his eyes"
technique.

Not so much because I can read his mind, but because I can see his cards in the reflection of his eyeglasses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.