Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that I have this right, but it would be good to get it confirmed.

During phase 1 and at the start of phase 2 you have to look at cards from the encounter deck and discard some and add 1 to the staging area. If one of the cards is a clue, you will often want it in the staging area. But clues need to be guarded, so need a card that they attach to. The rules for guarded say that this must be attached when the card enters the staging area. I take this to mean that I cannot choose to have the clue guarded by a 'nice' encounter card that you looked at from the top of the deck, but must attach a card blind. ((And that you could not use, say, Henamarth Riversong to have a peek, because you are in the middle of the action to look at cards and place one in the staging area.)). Thus if you want to keep the clue card, you must accept the blind card, even if it is, say, hunters from mordor?

Am I doing that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Bazynski
Poland
Warsaw
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
That is the way that we are playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleg volobujev
msg tools
mbmb
For now there is no other options as far as i know.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friederike
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play it the same way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blackomatic wrote:
i don't get it

so there is nothing in the staging area and i quest successfully in phase one. i draw three encounter cards, one of which is a clue card and say the other two cards are an encounter and a treachery. i choose the clue card but what encounter card can i attach it to? do i add it to the staging area? or what if i reveal it normally and there is no encounter card in the staging area? thanks

If you draw those three cards and decide to keep the Clue, you first discard the other two. Clue goes to the staging area and then you reveal another card from the Encounter deck that then is the guard for the Clue. Same applies if you reveal a Clue during normal questing, regardless of whether there are cards in the staging area or not. You always reveal a new card from the Encounter deck as guard for the Clue, never use any of the existing cards in the staging area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.