Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen McHale
United States
Falling Waters
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received this game in a blind auction and most of my gaming is done with just my wife and I have read on here that this game doesn't work well with only two players. But can this game be played with two people each person playing 2 roles? For example, when we play Puerto Rico or Stone Age we each play two boards and whichever board has the lowest score loses. Would something like that work for this game?

The game is still in shrink so before we opened it I wanted to see if it work that way. If not I won't open it and I will put it up for trade.

Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmm...

Tribune is a "victory condition" game and not a cumulative score game. There are six total victory conditions (these actually vary slightly, but you pick which definitions you are using at the start of the game). Once a player achieves four of them, they declare that they are eligible to win at the end of the round. If another player can meet four conditions in that time, they they go to a tie-breaker in which each condition and partial condition is weighted with VPs.

So, doing it your way, it seems like you could make it work by always going to the tie-breaker values to determine the "worst" board. There would be some odd dynamics since a player might be in a position to end the game (reach four conditions), but also know that their secondary "character" was in the worst spot.

You could also just specify a game length (4 rounds for short, 6 rounds for long) and play purely based on the VP values, and not the conditions. That would be a rather different game, but might be fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.